Our fifth annual Trunk or Treat, sponsored by the Home & School Association, is just weeks away! This has become one of the St. Clare community’s best-loved events of the year! Trunk or Treat is a safe, family-friendly way for our students to trick or treat before Halloween. In addition to games, prizes, a live DJ, food, a beautiful fall back-drop for a photo op, and fun; there will be awards for best costumes, class decoration, and trunk; a Middle Schooler vs. Teacher pie-eating contest; and, of course, trick or treating “tailgate style” on the school fields!
- When: Friday, October 27th, from 4:45-7pm (Cars must be parked by 5:30; NO exceptions)
- Where: Clare Catholic School field
- Who: All St. Clare Catholic School students and families PK-3-8th (Students must be accompanied by a supervising adult)
- Entrance Fee: $5.00 per family (includes one Trunk or Treat candy-collecting bag per child, games, prizes, candy, and one parking pass for car; must be pre-paid: see attached form)
- Food and Drink: For an additional $5.00 per person, you may order a hot dog, chips, and water (must be pre-ordered: see attached form)
- To Volunteer or ask questions contact Tracy Murray email@example.com
Prizes will be awarded for Best Homeroom Class Decoration; Best Trunk; Best Costume: PreK3-2nd; Best Costume: 3rd-5th; Best Costume: 6th-8th; Best “Couples” Adult Costume; and to the Pie-Eating Contest Winner.
Because of parking-area space restrictions, only the first 120 families to return their Trunk or Treat forms will be able to park a car at the event.
We love our pets, but Trunk or Treat is a human-only event please (no zombies either!)
HERE’S HOW TRUNK OR TREAT WORKS:
- Trunk or Treat is a fun, family-friendly celebration. No gory, scary, or otherwise inappropriate costumes or trunk decorations, please.
- At 4:45 p.m., families may begin arriving at school via the south entrance on Prosperity Farms Road (volunteers will help direct you). You will drop your children off at the school awning where they will be escorted by adult volunteers into the party area where they will play games, dance, and be supervised. You will be directed onto the school fields by our safety and parking volunteers and will begin decorating your car or trunk. (Decorations can include Halloween themes or other themes. ‘Pintrest’ is a great source for Trunk ideas!) PLEASE do not bring your children with you to the parking area. For their safety, we do not want any children walking around the parking area while vehicles are entering. Once they are parked, cars will not be permitted to leave the Trunk or Treating area until the conclusion of the event at 7 p.m.
- For the safety of the children and all those involved, cars will not be admitted onto the fields after 5:30pm. We will not allow children to enter the parking area until the Trunk or Treating begins.
- At 5:45 pm, children will be released into the parking area to begin their Trunk or Treating in the St. Clare field “neighborhood!” Students are welcome to “trunk or treat” on their own, but we do request adult supervision for students or siblings in 1st grade or younger.
- Please bring enough candy for up to 300 children (and yes, they may come back to your vehicle more than once!) You may leave your vehicle, but please leave out candy for your little visitors.
- Food opens at 5:15pm. Please make sure to bring your pre-paid food tickets with you. (These will be provided, along with your parking pass, the week of the event.)
- The Middle Schooler vs. Teacher Pie-Eating Contest will begin at 6:15pm on the Basketball Court.
- At 6:45pm, all students must return to their parents. Car dismissal will begin at 6:55pm.
Trick or Trunk Order Form
Permission form for Pie Eating Contest (Grades 5-8 only)
Find out here how to be a sponsor for this event!