St. Clare requires all students to model Catholic values and good citizenship. In order to encourage and reinforce good behavior, the school has implemented a merit program. Positive student behavior is rewarded to the students not only in the classroom, but school wide, i.e., cafeteria, hallways, bathrooms, recess, and church.
1. All staff and support personnel are supplied with merit tickets.
2. Whenever a student is seen exhibiting leadership behavior, the student is given a merit.
3. The merit is filled out by the teacher with the student's name, teacher, and grade.
4. Students in grades K-5 can redeem their merits for prizes at a date and time TBD.
5. Students in grades 6-8 may use merits for the following:
Ice Cream 5 merits
Crazy Sock Day 5 merits
Free Dress Day 10 merits
Order Out Day 20 merits
This program is to encourage and reinforce good student behavior not only in the classroom, but in the whole school setting, i.e., cafeteria, hallways, bathrooms, recess, and church by rewarding students' positive behavior. Positive behaviors that merits should be given for are:
• Kindness (especially how they treat each other)
• Compassion (especially how they treat each other)